Introduction

Welcome hiring managers. On this site you will find more details on my work and personal history and ethics that can not be so easily infered by just a resume and cover letter.

Monday, May 24, 2010

My Janitorial/ Custodial/ Construction Clean-Up Exeperience and Qualifications

 ________________________________________________

This post will discuss my janitorial/ custodial experience in wich I have nine years of such. For most of that time I was employed with one company, attesting to my company loyalty, Dan's Janitorial/Eastside Sonics, with Dan Bolstad as my supervisor (760-937-6651). Working any hours or shifts needed or requested by my supervisor, especially ones other employees could not, I once worked 30-days straight. I cleaned private and government offices including the Forest Service and CalTrans, and  businesses like The Pizza Factory, all in Bishop, California. While I mainly did basic janitorial work: sweep, mop, vacuum carpets, wash windows, dust, take out trash, and clean and restock rest rooms; I have had some on the job training with buffing, stripping, and waxing floors. I may need a little more training concerning them, but not much. I was trusted to work unsupervised a majority of the time, with having the keys and alarm codes to the buildings of certain clients, including our government contracts. I was expected to keep accurate track of my own hours and of supplies that were made available to me. I was to report any overage in hours and negotiate them with my supervisor. I also helped recruit and train employees, which speaks to my organizational and leadership skills.

In 2008, I got on with Hayward Services out of LA. With them I would mainly do construction clean-up work, in some cases working in on-going construction sites for eight-ten hours with no a/c or any other electricity during a summer heat wave when temperatures were well over 100 degrees. With enough water, spray bottles, and enough breaks as required by law, I do not mind such conditions. This company required me to commute between many different construction sites and other work sites through out Southern California, a task I actually enjoyed and am willing to do again. I enjoy working alone, and unsupervised,  but I also work well with a team and can easily take direction form others and from supervisors. I enjoy working the graveyard shift, late night-early morning, so if that is a shift that is hard to fill, I am your man. I have an open, extremely flexible schedule with an ability and willingness to work weekends and any and all holidays, and I have my own reliable transportation.

As for my criminal background,  I have no illegal narcotics, theft, fraud, DUIs or any other felonies and misdemeanors on my record outside of a few minor traffic violations. Some of those violations did go to warrant as I was sometimes stupid and forgot to go to court on time once or twice, but they have since been resolved, though still remain on my record. 

While there may be some who are more experienced in the skilled sectors of janitorial work, if its is entry-level or basic janitorial  positions you want to fill or if you are willing to train just a little, you could not find a better candidate than myself.
____________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment