Introduction

Welcome hiring managers. On this site you will find more details on my work and personal history and ethics that can not be so easily infered by just a resume and cover letter.

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Business Improvement District Cleaner looking for part-time work

 


Hello, my name is Christopher Forte and I work full-time for the Downtown Long Beach Associates (DLBA), the agency that runs the property-based improvement district (PBID) in downtown Long Beach, so if you own a business there, technically I already work for you!! I work as a Cleaner or "Sweeper," cleaning sidewalks, gutters, drains, planters, removing large debris and graffiti, emptying overflowing trash cans, and doing some light landscaping. I also worked as a street pressure washer and as a "Rest Room Host" at the First Street Transit Gallery, keeping the public restrooms and Drivers Lounge clean, safe and giving out information to the public. You can learn more about the DLBA Clean Team at their web site here:http://www.downtownlongbeach.org/clean-team and you are encouraged to contact my Supervisors for a professional reference and work confirmation here: Dennis Clark, Program Manager: 562-400-2282 and/or Susan Linson, Assistant Program Manager at 562-244-1366.

As you shall see in my resume below, I also have over 10 years experience in janitorial work, cleaning offices and restaurants, along with my experience in the food service industry. I even acted as the Assistant Supervisor for the DLBA Clean Team for a short time while the Assistant Manager was out on medical leave. In the food service industry, though it was years ago, I was a Shift Supervisor.




Currently, though I work full-time, I am looking for a second job to supplement my income but do not need much. I can clean a small office or restaurant in one hour, five days a week, preferably after-hours-the graveyard shift. I am looking for at least $11 an hour, but again, a small business should only take an hour each night =$55 a week. For larger spaces, or additional work to basic, high-cleaning, I am open to negotiate.

What you get for the money is hard-work, attention to detail, experience, loyalty, and trustworthiness all as attested to by my former Supervisors. You also get the way I make your business MY business as no job is just "a job" to me: I treat all my clients and employers as if they were my own businesses or property, being concerned for their safety and security (I had one restaurant that the Closing Managers would leave wide open almost every night before I came in and I always made sure the place was secured when I left, you can ask Dan Bolstad about that), and I am always careful not to damage anything or look at anything not relevant to cleaning, especially if the office has sensitive material (like a bank, lawyer, or government).

I am willing to go through a background check, I have nothing but speeding tickets and a suspended license and just one arrest, but it was for driving without a license, not for theft, fraud, drugs, or sex crimes (I have my drivers license now), and I can also take a drug test if requested.

As a DLBA worker, you know I am trustworthy, experienced and hard-working since I am already constantly watched not just by my employer, but by the property owners, residents and business owners in downtown who are forced to pay into the PBID and so always hold DLBA employees accountable.

Again, normally one hour night, $11 an hour equaling $55 a week, or we can negotiate, especially if the cleaning could take longer. I need the position to be in downtown Long Beach or within 4 miles of it as I no longer have my car (it broke down permanently) (partly a reason I am looking for a second income-to buy a car).

Below is my resume and you can also find out more about me here:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chris-Forte-for-Hire/124338297595957,http://chrisforteforhire.blogspot.com/ and here:https://sites.google.com/site/thefortecompany/our-company/our-staff .

My resume:

Chris Forte
(Personal info like address and phone # not posted in public)
____________________________________

Work Experience:

ABM Janitorial Services, Commerce, CA
Assistant Program Manager/ Working Supervisor, 06/24/2013-11/2013 (temp.)

I inspected the District and dispatched personnel to handle problem areas, answered the desk and clean team duty cell, returned all calls as soon as possible, confirmed all employees were on time and properly completed the sign-in sheet, distributed cleaning supplies and equipment as needed, collected and reviewed the restroom host logs and reported any concerns to the Program Manager and Operations Manager, made sure all equipment is in good working condition, inspected areas pressure washed and confirmed all work was completed, completed weekend reports and followed up if necessary with the Program Manager, reported any requests to leave early or for time off to the Program Manager prior to approval, and reported any incidents or special requests from stakeholders.

ABM Janitorial Services, Commerce, CA
General Cleaner/Clean Team Member, 07/2012-present

Current duties: Sanitize and restock restrooms; monitor public throughways for spills and debris; sweep up leaves and dirt and pick up litter and trash from sidewalks, gutters, streets, and grass areas; change trash liners and dispose of trash; dust and damp wipe surfaces and glass when needed; pressure wash sidewalks and streets; mop hard floors when needed; conduct weed abatement and control; vacuum carpets; disseminate information like a guide; patrol areas and document and report suspicious or dangerous activity. Currently working for an account with the Downtown Long Beach Associates.

Dan Copp Crushing Corp., Yorba Linda, CA
Yard Attendant/Load Checker, 08/2010-04/2012

Checked, received and documented in-coming and out-bound product; conducted financial transactions using a credit card and telecheck machine; conducted inventory control and ordering; controlled dust and pollution per government regulations and laws; conducted light housekeeping and maintenance; demonstrated exceptional ability to work both in a team and alone.

Employee Leasing/See-Thru Window Cleaning, Banning, CA
Janitor/Crew Member, 06/2010-11/2010

Did detail and basic window cleaning/washing; detail and basic janitorial work including sweeping and mopping hard floors, vacuuming carpets, dusting and polishing furnishings, and sanitizing and restocking restrooms and supplies in multiple commercial establishments.

Riley's at Los Rios Rancho, Oak Glen, CA
Crew Member, 09/2008-11/2008

Helped cook, prepare and serve food orders in deli; assisted cashiers with guest service in store; conducted event set up, serving, and take down; conducted basic janitorial and grounds keeping including sweeping, mopping and vacuuming floors, taking out trash, washing windows, dusting tables, counters and other surfaces, picking up litter and spot-cleaning spills in store, parking lot and on grounds and sanitizing and restocking rest rooms; directing traffic in parking lot, and any other work as needed and requested by supervisor.

Dan's Janitorial/Eastside Sonics, Bishop, CA
Janitor, 08/1999-05/2007

Recruited, supervised and trained employees according to company policies and standards; maintained inventory and reported low number of supplies to Supervisor; worked at multi-site operations that included government and private offices and restaurants: work consisted of sweeping and mopping hard floors, vacuuming carpets, washing windows, taking out trash, dusting and polishing furniture and other surfaces, sanitizing and restocking restrooms, some light maintenance and did some construction clean-up. Also did minimal floor buffing, stripping, and waxing.

References:

Jason Ayres, Yard Supervisor, Dan Copp Crushing Corp.: 714-920-9180
Brandon Bradley, Owner, Employee Leasing/See-Thru Window Cleaning: 760-660-3685
Dan Bolstad, Owner, Dan's Janitorial/Eastside Sonics: 760-937-6651

______________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment